When it comes to designers and artists Adobe Photoshop is the number one choice. In fact Photoshop has set the industry standard for industries and web development houses. Also It comes with nifty features which are really handy. But due to some factors, Photoshop is not for everyone. So here is me discussing the Top 10 great replacements to Adobe Photoshop
Disadvantages of Photoshop
Firstly Photoshop is too good with its tools and paraphernalia. In fact it feels quite all over the place. So many people find it hard to create or use this platform. Hence This has led many people away from Photoshop.
Secondly, Photoshop is a very heavy and powerful software. So if you don’t have a powerful computer it will lag or will not work at all.
Thirdly The monthly subscription To adobe Photoshop is petty steep and is definitely not for everyone. Learn more about the plans from the link given below
This leads many people to move away from using this software.
What are the Top 10 great replacements to Adobe Photoshop :
|1. PhotoWorks – Only for Windows|
|2. Colorcinch – Web-version only|
|3. Gimp – Works with macOS 10.9 Mavericks or later, Linux & Windows|
|4. Pixlr x – Web-version available|
|5. Paint.NET – Only for Windows|
|6. Krita – Works with Apple. Linux & Windows|
|7. Photopea – Web-version only|
|8. Photo Pos Pro – Only for Windows|
|9. Sumopaint – Works with Apple, Linux & Windows|
|10. Seashore – Works with Apple|
Although Photoworks is specifically aimed at windows, it is truly a worthy competitor against Adobe photoshop.
PhotoWorks is a smart PC photo editor that strikes the perfect balance between ease of use and impressive functionality. Designed for beginners and professionals alike, this software has all the essential photo editing features as well as some niche tools.
Notable PhotoWorks Features Include:
- AI-driven auto-correction based on the photo’s genre
- Portrait auto retouch and face sculpting tool
- Easy background change, removal, or blurring
- 180+ artistic filters: HDR, vintage, Color splash, etc.
- Color grading tools and a library of 3D LUT presets
- Odd objects removal in a few brushstrokes
- Smart cropping, perspective, and lens distortion correction
Colorcinch is in fact a very easy-to-use web-based editor and a great alternative to Photoshop. Also, It has an extensive collection of presets, graphics, and other creative assets.
Notable Colorcinch Features Include:
- AI-powered filters that can indeed turn photos into cartoons, sketches, and paintings
- A modern text tool and hundreds of overlays, frames, and masks
- A collection of non-generic artistic effects and filters
- Additionally Thousands of vector icons and graphics to add extra details
- Tools to crop, resize, straighten, and rotate pictures
- There are also Built-in options for enhancing your photo’s look (vibrance, exposure, color, brightness, contrast, etc.)
GIMP (short for GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a great open-source Photoshop alternative for those on a budget who need even more advanced image manipulation capabilities. This program is a Likewise an advanced raster editor, similar to Photoshop.
Notable GIMP Features Include:
- Paint features like paint tool (brush, pencil, airbrush, and clone)
- Custom brushes and patterns
- Transformation tools like rotate, scale, shear, and flip
- Editable text layers
- Color correction
- MNG support for animations
- Editing tools like layers, masks, curves, and levels
- Huge collection of plugins to extend (some even pre-installed)
Pixlr X is the latest version of the older (and very popular) Pixlr editor. The old Pixlr editor has many advanced features and enhancements and is Similarly trying to become one of the best free Photoshop alternatives out there.
Notable Pixlr X Features Include:
- Rotate, flip, and straighten all images
- Crop using one of seven preset image ratios
- Instagram worthy filters to add to any photo you upload
- Built-in text tool, complete with stylish font sets to choose from
- Tweak vibrance, highlights, and shadows
- Extensive layer support with multiple blending modes
Paint.NET is another Photoshop digital photo editing alternative that was originally developed as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that came with Windows.
Notable Paint.NET Features Include:
- 3D rotate zoom function to help with the recomposition of images
- Support for multiple layers with blending modes (one of Photoshop’s most used features)
- History tool for multiple quick undo’s (unlimited)
- Supports rulers, drawing, and gradients
- Clone stamping for copying or erasing parts of images
- Tons of formats supported like PDN, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF, TGA, and DDS
Krita is the perfect free Photoshop alternative for photographers who need a little more flexibility when it comes to creativity.
Notable Krita Features Include:
- Create shortcuts for commonly used tools
- Brush stabilizers to take the shakiness out
- Seemingly endless brush customizations
- Assistant tools for helping you create the perfect shape
- Open, save, edit, and author HDR and scene-referred images
For starters, Photopea Online Photo Editor is a good web-based alternative to Photoshop that aims to solve the problem of having to download and install another program on your computer.
Features in Photopea Online include:
- Powerful pen and brush tool
- The ability to work with layers and apply layer masks
- Blend modes similar to Photoshop
- Various procedural adjustments such as changing brightness, sharpness, adding blur, and more
- Decent selection of premade templates to start from
Photo Pos Pro
Photo Pos Pro is a comprehensive photo editing suite that rivals expensive Photoshop software when it comes to enhancing photos and creating stunning works of art.
Features in Photo Pos Pro include:
- Magic eraser tool (remove, erase, and replace backgrounds)
- Add frames and collages
- Tons of pre-designed extension packs
- 24-hour customer support
- Plenty of layers and masks
- Healing and clone brushes
- Filter creation and saving to use later
Sumopaint is one of the best free Photoshop alternatives when it comes to design and functionality. Moreover, The layers, editing tools, and brush and wand types make it a viable option for anyone looking for free mid-range editing features.
Notable Sumopaint Features Include:
- Sumopaint online community
- Exclusive SUMO format for working offline
- Over 300 brushes
- Comprehensive color picker
- Selection tools with undo feature
- Clone stamping for real-time drawing
- Layers, layer effects, and layer blending modes (up to 100 layers with effects)
Seashore is a simple photo editing solution that still rivals the best free Photoshop alternatives out there. Although the inspiration comes from the GIMP, Seashore tries to offer a simpler interface for Mac users.
Notable Seashore Features Include:
- Layers and merging effects
- Anti-aliased paint brushes
- 6 gradient effects, including transparency
- Full support for TIFF, PNG, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, XCF and HEIC formats